Sunday, January 13, 2008

AN AMAZING WEEK

Dear Spike:

It’s a bit tough for me to wriet rightr now.

See, our keeper did’nt show up for Saturday’s game, so I wound uop tending goal. About six miuntues into the fiorst half, I dove for a ball and came down on my right hand, breajking my pinky finger. Then, a few minutes later, I went after another ball and csame down on my left hand, spraining my wrist.

Now my left hand is in a bulky brace and my right hand has two fingers taped together. And thus Ii have, at this time, just three good fingers with which to type.

YUour mom keeps asking me what I have leanred from this experince. And for the life of me, I can’t say. I mean, really, what was I supposed to do? Leave when I got huyrt the first time? Leave my team in a lurch? Let the other team pount us ever hareder that they already were?

Someday, I know, you’ll bne on my side about things like this. Rihgt?

Right.

So even though it is just a bit awkward to type right now, I wanted to make syure I wrote — for posterity’s sake, because. . .

You’ve had an amazing week!

First, you got your first tooth — lower incisor, right side. It’s just a little nubbin poking out from your gums, but it’s definiely there.

Next, you said your first word . . . well, signed it, anyway. For a few weeks now, ytour mothher has been making the sign for milk whenever she feeds you. This week,m you started doing it in eresponse.

At first, I thought might just be a coincidence, since the sign for “milk” is really nothing more than one hand opening and closing and then op[ening again. But I’ve watched you guys go through a couple of feedding sessions now, and it’s pretty obvious that you’re doing it in response to her. Very cool!

And that has’n’t been all. You’ve also started to make kisding noises in response to us. You’re stabnding up while holding onto the side of your crib. And you’re rolling and scooting all over the place.

Now there is just onwe little thing I have to aask:

Could you please learn to type? I could really use some help right now.

Love,
dasd

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

At first I thought you were doing the "can you read this" test then I realized you were hurt. OUCH!

How cool, all the firsts for Spike. Thanks again for sharing her with us.

Get well soon.

imagoii said...

oh my this brings back memories! Last year my hubby broke his thumb playing keeper .... what a pain... hope you are better soon! Although you type rather well with all that ... :)

sarahbella said...

a tooth AND kisding noises? I am soooo excited to get to meet this wonderful little girl! See you soon!

Deanne said...

Kudo's to Spike! Sorry to hear about your boo boo's tho. Hope you are better soon.

Anonymous said...

You are probably right... Spike will someday side with you on this. I guess that's why Heidi has me! :)

Hugs,

K