Sunday, April 19, 2009

IN PROPER ORDER

Dear Spike:

It's taken some time for me to get used to the addition of school work to my already busy routine, but three weeks into this little adventure, I'm feeling good about the decision.

For the most part, I've been able to keep my academic obligations from taking too much time away from you -- which was my chief concern going in. And although I'm a shameless procrastinator, I've been dutifully working and reading ahead, which I'm hoping will translate into more days like the one we've got scheduled today -- a family hike in the mountains near our home.

Although I fully intend to keep my priorities in proper order, like anything else that steals away a part of the day I know there will be times in which this will interfere with our ability to spend time together. Please forgive me. I'm trying to better myself and, in doing so, put myself in a position to better our family.

But if you need me, I promise I'll be here for you.

It's nice to do well in school. But it's better to do well in life.

Love,
dad

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

The decision to go back to school--especially with a little one at home--is a tough one. I had to make that decision a couple of years ago, and now I'm almost done and haven't regretted it for a second. You are absolutely correct in wanting to make a better life for your family. Good luck!

Shanda Mattsson said...

We should do a couples hiking trip sometime. That sounds fun! Although I would have to carry B it would be fun to hang with you guys and hike. I would also love to see more of Mia...I don't see her enough any more!

Anonymous said...

Hello
xanax cost
Xanax may be used in patients with open-angle glaucoma who are receiving appropriate therapy, but is contraindicated in acute anrrow-angle glaucoma.
[url=http://www.sistersandroses.com/]alprazolam medication[/url]
Xanax XR is contraindicated with ketoconazole and itraconazole, since these medications significantly impair the oxidative metabolism mediated by cytochrome P-450 (CYP3A).
http://www.sistersandroses.com/ - generic xanax

Xanax is of no value in the treatment of psychotic patients and should not be employed in lieu of appropriate treatment for psychosis.