Friday, February 29, 2008

THE LAST DAY

Dear Spike:

Today is the last day of February, a month in which...

• You were dropped on your face at my office.
• You took your first plane trip.
• You fell ill (twice.)
• You watched the Gummy Bear Video on YouTube about 47 times.
• You kicked me in the testicles (twice.)
• You learned to say “mama” and “phapa” (which is close enough for me.)
• You voted (twice.)
• You didn’t gain a single damn ounce, in spite of the fact thatwe shoved food down your throat like Kevin Spacey did to that fat guy during the "gluttony" scene in the movie “Seven.”

If there are no objections, I think I’ll invite your mother to join me in sleeping through March.

Love,
dad

1 comment:

Shanda Mattsson said...

I just want to tell you guys that you are such good parents! I love reading your blog...Mia will love looking back at it when she grows up!