Wednesday, September 17, 2008

THE LITTLE TADPOLE

Dear Spike: 

Your godmother gave birth to a beautiful baby boy last night.

At least, we're pretty sure he's beautiful. We haven't seen his photo yet, but I talked to his grandpa on the phone, and he assured me that the little lad was a handsome youth indeed (and, of course, who could possibly be a more credible source?)

Since you're more than a year older than the little tadpole, we'll expect you to set a good example. 

For instance, when it's time to attend his first protest rally, perhaps you could show him how to properly pump his fist in the air with righteous indignation. And when he needs someone to talk to about his plan to quit school, join a band, and tour the country in a VW van singing songs about the heartland, I'm certain that you'll assure him that this is a very good plan. 

And when the revolution begins, I know you'll be right there, holding his hand. 

Love,
dad 

P.S. — Welcome to the world, Tadpole.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Thanks for including Aaron in your blog. I hope he and Spike get to be good friends. We are working on the indignant fist pump already.

Hugs,
K

MeesheMama said...

I love that plan. Can my boys come too?