Tuesday, September 2, 2008

MILK MILK MLIK

Dear Spike:

Since you are a wee bit of a wee bit, I suppose it's not a bad thing that you're such a fan of whole milk.

If I chugged that stuff the way you do, I wouldn't be able to fit in our front door. But so long as you keep putting on the pounds (OK — the ounces) you can have all you want.

I do wish you were not quite so obsessive about it. Honestly, I think you might be a milkaholic. It's the first thing you ask for in the morning, the thing you beg for before every nap and the thing you can't go to sleep without first having at night.

Milk. Milk. Milk-milkity-milk-milk-milk.

Not water. Not juice. Not even that buck-a-bottle drinkable yogurt stuff.

As obsessions go, it could be worse. And since you're doing your part to keep the hard-working dairy farmers of America in business, we won't be sending you to any 12-step programs just yet.

Love,
dad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a dairy farmers wife in Bristol, VA-- THANKS SPIKE!!! Keep up the milk drinking!!

Brandy said...

Just wanted you to know that my little guy is a total milk-aholic too. Once he was weaned from me he went right to whole milk and water and that's it. He loves his milk and I couldn't be happier. :-) It does a body good!

Anonymous said...

My son is a milk a holic as well.