Tuesday, October 14, 2008

LONG LONG HOURS



Dear Spike:

If I could bequeath to you one thing that I, myself, do not possess, it would be patience.

It will come in handy, should you ever decide to make an insurance claim, cash in a warranty, register a car or pay your taxes.

I guess the best advice I can give you for the long, long hours you will no doubt be spending in bureaucratic purgatory is to try to always keep a sense of humor about things.

Things could always be worse — even if it might not seem that way at the time.

Love,
dad

6 comments:

DMR said...

Hahahaha, I do this too. You know what you could have done in those 3 hours? Edited and posted some of the letters to spike we wrote for her birthday!

www.dearspike.com said...

Ouch. That's so true!
The letters are actually all edited, but I've been meaning to create a separate webpage for them and just have been pulled in so many different directions.
I've also edited the letters into a book for Spike, which I'm going to give her this Christmas.
I'm so very appreciative of all the people who took the time to write Spike, and I hope that no one feels dismissed by my inability to get them on the site yet.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of an episode of Friends... poor Phoebe. Hers was more funny and yours was more sad. :( poor Matt.

hugs,
K

DMR said...

Hahaha, no, not dismissed. Just curious.

You know who is also fun to call? Health insurance companies. They are always SO helpful... when they answer the phone. :)

Ryan and Mez said...

haha that was painful to watch let alone be you on the end of that phone! Spike will learn from her dad's perseverance for sure!

Shanda Mattsson said...

I am truly sorry for your misery but that was really funny! I check your blog regularly but missed this entry some how. I think you are patient, even though you said you aren't because you handled that a lot better than I would have! I needed that today...thanks!