Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE IMPULSES

Dear Spike:

Of course, you weren't the first kid on this planet. But ever since your arrival, it sure seems as though a lot of the people we know have gotten into the parenting game.

We figure it's just because they saw how cool you are and wanted to have one of their own (although it's possible that basic human reproductive impulses had something to do with it, too.)

Among the most recent additions to this wildly spinning world:

On Tuesday, we learned that your mother's friend Shanda is having a baby boy.

Yesterday, my friend Hank told me he was having his 11th kid... um, yeah, it's sort of a Utah thing.

And today we got photos of your cousin, Stas (rhymes with "wash," unless you're from the Midwest, in which case it rhymes with "squash.")



He's a cute kid. Kind of gooey, but definitely cute.

Be a good friend.

Love,
dad

4 comments:

Shanda Mattsson said...

Mia - You are definitely one of the reasons that we decided to start our own family - you are so adorable! If our baby turns out to be anywhere as cute as you, I will be happy!

Anonymous said...

Dear Spike,

WE decided to have tadpole because your mother and I are notoriously competitve with one another and I just had to "out-cute" her in the baby department. But then you just kept getting even cuter and cuter as you grew and I quickly realized your mother had won hands down on this one. That is why we orderd tadpole in the male variety. We'll call it a tie.

Okay---I'm full of it. But honestly---you, your mom and your dad did inspire us into parenthood. You are pretty damn cool.

Hugs,
K

Anonymous said...

Dear Spike,

I rather like to think that perhaps I inspired your parents to have you, what with my adorable son and all ; ). But after seeing just how sweet and cute a girl like you could be, we've gone and decided to have ourselves one. Your friend Jenna will be born at Christmas time, certainly the best gift I will have ever received.

Carole

Anonymous said...

That Stas is one gooey baby!
;)