Wednesday, October 8, 2008

FOREIGN POLICY EXPERIENCE

Dear Spike:

Your mother and I sat down for dinner tonight. Nothing gourmet. Far from it in fact: we had salisbury steaks, tomatoes, peas and poutine.

The latter dish is a Canadian fast food staple consisting of french fries, cheese curds or mozzarella and gravy. I think the word "poutine" might mean "coronary" in French, but I'm not sure.

Before digging in, your mother considered the menu and asked: "Since we're eating Canadian tonight, does that give us foreign policy experience?"

I recognize that, by the time you're old enough to read this letter, this joke will have no relevance to you.

But tonight, it was damn funny.

Love,
dad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think by "Sarah Barracuda's" standards, living in Utah gives you foreign policy experience...

Hugs,
K

mesfox said...

Not just funny, it is freaking hilarious. I drove a car today; I'm an experienced NASCAR racer!